Clintons est. 1915

About Us

Clintons opened in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary in 1915. Originally established as a tailoring business it later developed as a high quality general retail drapery outlet. The business was founded by James Clinton grandfather to our current directors Mary Costelloe and Michael Clinton. The name of Clintons is synonymous with quality merchandise in the fashion trade in the South of Ireland. We pride ourselves in the personal service we offer to all our customers.

Today in our main shop at 25 – 27 Parnell Street, Clonmel, Mary and her team in the Ladies Department carry a wide range of Irish and International ladies fashions for sizes 10 – 22+. Whether it’s a suit for work, casual wear or an outfit for that special occasion you need to look no further than Clintons Ladies Department.

Denis and his team in the Mens Department carry a wide range of contemporary menswear, business attire and footwear. A wide range of Samsonite luggage is also stocked.

In 2008, Clintons opened a second shop at 8 Mitchel Street, Clonmel to expand the existing household department. The additional floor space has enabled an even greater selection of luxurious bed linen, duvets, pillows, towels and curtains to be displayed.

Clintons also has many ladies fashion accessories available to purchase such as handbags, costume jewellery, hats and scarves. Clintons also stock nurses uniforms and are the appointed suppliers of school uniforms for Rockwell College.